Carol Lyn Colón is a staunch advocate for women’s issues, a champion of women-led businesses, and a catalyst for inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystems, she strives to foster positive change and create equal opportunities for women. From health advocacy to equal opportunity access to funding, Carol Lyn has worked with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and organizations like Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), Hispanic Star and Latinas USA to raise awareness, challenge social norms, and promote policies that prioritize equality in business.
By engaging with policymakers, organizing campaigns, and participating in grassroots initiatives, she actively contributes to creating a more equitable society where women’s voices are heard, and their rights are protected. Carol Lyn worked with American Express to build programs that promote access to funding, advocating for fair procurement practices, and facilitating networking opportunities for the growing minority-owned business community.
· Executive Vice President, Zeno Group – Washington, DC
· Senior Vice President of the Corporate & Public Affairs Group at Ogilvy – both located in Washington, DC
Cause-based and Organizational Involvement
· Unmuting Fibroids: Getting Loud for Equal Care – an omnichannel play book on behalf of Hologic’s Project Health Equality
· Partnership with the Black Women’s Health Imperative (BWHI)
· Communications planning for the US Agency for International Development (USAID)
· Ford Motor Company’s Warriors in Pinkbreast cancer initiative
· The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute’s (NHLBI) award-winning The Heart Truth campaign to raise awareness of heart disease in women
· Work on the NIH portfolio – leading one of Ogilvy’s clients, the National Institute of Neurological Disease and Stroke (NINDS)
· Lead for Pfizer’s national multi-platform unbranded campaign to engage U.S. Hispanic Women
Let’s discuss your current needs and discover how Mindful Solutions can help you.